Formula1µ is a black, rigid, static-dissipative photopolymer resin that was created using proprietary discrete Carbon Nanotubes called D’Func to produce micro resolution Static Dissipative parts with isotropic properties and no carbon sloughing. Formula1µ revolutionizes micro static dissipative part fabrication for use in 90C and below environments by making it fast and affordable. To order Formula1µ, click here.
Micro Additive Manufacturing (AM) for Fabrication of ESD Safe Components
With the increase of electronics usage, nearly every industry employs some level of Electronics Manufacturing. However, as some industries take Electronics Manufacturing to the “micro” level, the inherent static discharge risk to these miniaturizing electronics increases greatly. Extreme care is required to eliminate ESD damage in Microelectronics.
Applications requiring micro-ESD parts are growing daily. Fabrication of ESD safe parts, tooling, and manufacturing aids with micro features is challenging and extremely expensive due to the limitations of traditional manufacturing. Formula1µ, powered by Mechnano’s discrete, dispersed, and functionalized carbon nanotubes called “D’Func,” is a cost-effective and quick-turn prototyping and production alternative to the time-consuming and costly process of machining micro ESD-safe parts.
Examples of Micro ESD Applications:
- Electrical Connectors
- Chip Sockets
- Micro assembly and test equipment fixtures
Benefits of Formula1µ:
- Isotropic and precise surface & volume resistance
- Excellent surface finish
- High tolerance fabrication
- Absence of carbon sloughing
- Advantages of fabricating micro ESD parts with BMF:
- Combination of ultra-high resolution, accuracy and precision allows for more intricate, exact, and replicable parts,
- Enables transition from expensive and time-consuming high precision machining,
- Reduces costs and lead times of NPD cycles.